Friday, May 14

Friday's Find

My heart just isn't in it today. In Anything. I'm Pooped before it all starts! So, something really fantastic to get my engines running.

This stunning Blue Taffeta late 50's gown is so tiny I can't even wear it. Once, years ago I tried it on, and Cat had to pull me out of it. But for a clothes-hound like me, it is worth it just to have this dress. I put it on to a size 00 for a play a couple years ago, and it fit her okay, though tight in the shoulders.

I have been wracking my brain about where I got it and how much it cost, but to be honest I have no idea. I'm fairly certain it was in Kansas, and I'm sure it was less than $10, because I would never spend more than that on something that's just for pretty. And It is pretty. It's beautifully made, to begin with. The color is too stunning to try to capture on camera. And you should see that Taffeta shine with a full crinoline holding out the circle skirt. It's one of those they-sure-don't-make-em-like-they-used-to's. So, It's in my costume closet. And occasionally, I bring it out just to look at it. 

Ahhh. I feel better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment